We can only take so much from the earth, yet its invaluable resources are being stretched further and further everyday as a result of unsustainable and unforgiving practices. We believe that our planet is in a perilous position, especially for our children's children. It needs help now, and we are proud to be part of the solution.
incognito® is a sustainably minded, carbon-balanced business, committed to ethical and fair practices across all that we do. Here are just some of the ways we achieve this:
- Our staff understand the importance of minimal resource use, we print on the back of used paper and switch off all computers and electronic equipment at the end of the day.
- Our offices use a movement-sensitive light system to automatically turn off the lights when we’re not there!
- Our company cars are super-efficient hybrid vehicles.
- All our computers are Apple Mac's because we believe they leave less of a "Footprint" than PC's.
- We only use biodegradable cleaning products.
- We strive to invest in environmentally friendly office materials and appliances wherever possible, for example we use rechargeable batteries, and an eco-microwave and kettle!
- We recycle or re-use wherever possible and train new staff in this good practice.
- Where possible incognito® products are shipped rather than flown.
- We use minimal packaging e.g. our flagship spray bottles are made from 50% recycled plastic, and the labels are printed onto the bottle saving significant amounts of plastic on excess labelling. Once exhausted the bottles are easily recycled again!
- All of our promotional material is printed on recycled materials.
- We use a fair amount of organic raw materials, which means no insecticides or pesticides.
- Most of our products are manufactured in the UK.
- incognito® ingredients are grown in nitrate-free fertilizer soil and no pesticides are used in cultivating the organic Java citronella, organic bergamot and organic geranium.
Working with other individuals and organisations
- We sponsor many expeditions, for example Cycling The 6
- We work with other sustainable and ethical organisations such as Triodos Bank, and Excellart.
- We donate 10% of our profits to charities doing important work both on small and large scales, locally and internationally.
- We balance the amount of carbon dioxide emitted through our practices by supporting carbon reduction and carbon sequestration projects.
- In less developed countries we have supported organisations like the eco-lodge and orphanage, Bethsaida Hermitage to curtail carbon dioxide use and educate communities of the benefits of doing so. For example, we covered the cost of investing in 5000 new energy saving light bulbs for Bethsaida each with a 10 year lifespan. We continue to supply funds for their various environmental and charitable projects.
- We have planted hundreds of trees with organisations like PATT to balance our carbon emissions. Tree planting in the southern hemisphere is one of the most effective ways to capture carbon from the environment, providing innumerable benefits for humans and organisms alike such as…
- Releasing oxygen into the atmosphere delaying the 18% growth in global carbon emissions caused by deforestation.
- Removing pollutants such as nitrogen oxide, sulphur dioxide, ozone, and carbon dioxide.
- Generating natural resources such as fresh water and fertile soil. If we were to halt deforestation, nearly 800 million people who live and work around tropical rainforests could be lifted out of poverty.
- Preventing floods by catching and displacing storm water.
- Stopping desertification, erosion, and mudslides.
- Supplying raw materials for medicine and science.
- Providing an environment for approximately 40% of the world’s biodiversity.
Our old incognito® electric G-Wiz!