Here at incognito, ensuring that we continue to be ethically responsible takes priority over all the work that we do. Whether composting our lunches or sourcing renewable power, we’re always looking for ways to improve!
So, to jingle all the way through Christmas and into the New Year with planet friendly festivities, we thought we’d put together a list of some of the small things you can do to make Christmas just that little bit better for everyone:
- Look out for the FSC logo on the Christmas cards you buy, this means that they use recycled paper or that the trees used are sustainably grown.
- Try to buy your gifts from ethically responsible retailers like us here at incognito, and remain guilt free over Christmas (we won’t mention the mincepies if you don’t…)
- Deck the halls with boughs of holly la la la la laaaa… but this year look out for some real holly, when your done just leave it in the garden and it will biodegrade naturally.
- How about trying to make your Christmas Dinner an organic one, or buy ingredients locally to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Try and remember to turn off your Christmas decorations at night; so many twinkling lights will only confuse Santa, and no one wants that!
- Recycle your Christmas tree, to check whether this is possible in your area, have a look here.
Despite the long run up to Christmas, (yes we’ve heard those Christmas songs in October too), the festivities never fail to be over in a flash. To prepare for the sudden standstill you may experience when you realize there are no more presents to buy for your once-removed-second-cousins-father, no more itchy festive jumpers to adorn, and no more creative sleeping arrangements to try and fit the in-laws in, how about some New Year’s resolutions to get 2014 under way!
To get the ball rolling, next year incognito will continue to strive to reduce our carbon emissions as part of the 10:10 initiative. In addition to this, we have decided to go even greener and switch more of our product packaging to the highest recycling standards possible. We would love to hear from you, have you got any ideas on how we can be even more environmentally friendly? Or have you already decided on your New Year’s resolutions..? Let us know! For now though… we wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!!
P.S If you haven’t seen our most recent newsletter ‘Small Bites’, click here for some more news on what we’ve been up to and some great competitions and Christmas discount codes!!